- Crush onion and keep aside.
- Finally chop tomato and keep aside.
- Boil black gram until the seed partly splits in the
centre. Keep aside.
- In a deep skillet heat oil and when oil is hot add
cloves, garlic, ginger, onion, salt and cinnamon.
- Fry until onion turns pale brown and then add chili
- Fry for another three minutes.
- Now add tomato and fry for another five minutes.
- Next add boiled black gram, one cup of water and
- Let cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
- When the liquid is absorbed (that is, the dal turns
slightly thick) add cream and stir well.
- Let cook for five more minutes and remove from heat.
- In another skillet, heat butter and add cumin seeds
when butter has melted.
- Fry for two minutes and then add this to the above
- Stir once and remove from heat.