- Cook mutton with two cups of water, salt, turmeric
powder, in a pressure cooker till the meat is done.
- Remove the mutton pieces and measure the stock.
- Add sufficient water to the stock to measure up to
exactly six cups.
- Keep aside.
- Wash the rice and leave it aside for about 15
minutes before cooking.
- Mix a few spoons of ghee with the rice, in a
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker or a heavy bottomed
- Season with saunf, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add onions and sauté till translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste.
- When the oil separates, add the tomato puree,
turmeric powder, dhaniya powder, chilli powder and salt.
- When the curry is well done, add the mutton pieces,
curd, mint and coriander leaves.
- Cook till the gravy blends well with the meat.
- Add the rice to the cooking mutton gravy and the six
cups of stock too.
- Bring the biriyani to a boil.
- Once boiled, add the ghee and lime juice.
- Cover the vessel or the cooker with a lid.
- Reduce flame to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with onion in curds.