Other Purposes

Can a person avail of exchange for visits abroad for private purposes other than under BTQ Scheme?
Exchange is not normally granted for undertaking private visits abroad except under BTQ scheme. In cases where it is essential for a person to visit abroad for any specific personal reason, Reserve Bank will consider the request on merits.

Are any exchange facilities granted for undertaking pilgrimages outside India?
Exchange facilities for undertaking pilgrimages outside India are granted only for specific pilgrimages. Persons intending to undertake Haj and Ziarat pilgrimages should approach the Haj Committee at Saboo Siddique Musafir Khana, 1st Floor, Lokmanya Tilak Marg, Mumbai, 400 001. Pilgrims intending to visit shrines in Pakistan should approach Shiromani Gurudwara Prabhandhak Committee. Similarly pilgrims intending to undertake the Kailash Mansarovar Pilgrimage should approach Ministry Delhi.

What is the procedure for availing of exchange facilities for undertaking cultural tours abroad?
Dance troupes, artistes, etc., who wish to undertake cultural tours abroad should apply to the Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Education and Culture). Government of India, New Delhi for necessary approval. Authorized dealers will release exchange on the basis of the Ministry's approval.

What is the procedure for availing exchange facility for participation in sports events abroad?
Applicants wishing to participate in sports events abroad should apply to the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi for recommendation. Authorized dealer will release exchange on the basis of this recommendation.

The eligibility/entitlement are subject to change from time to time as per notifications issued by the Reserve Bank of India. For further clarification /information, please contact your foreign exchange Dealer.